[Dovecot] vmysql: sql error[3]

Charles M. Gerungan charles at nednieuws.com
Sun Aug 27 21:33:04 EEST 2006

I keep getting these messages in the log:

@4000000044f1db7732acaddc dovecot: Error: auth(default): vmysql: sql
error[3]: MySQL server has gone away

I see that at least one user has the same problem:

http://www.mail-archive.com/vchkpw@inter7.com/msg23311.html

Unfortunately, no solution is given.

I also found the MySQL Problems page on the wiki, but the issues are
supposed to be resolved for my version of MySQL.

The only way to get dovecot to authenticate again is to restart the
daemon.

Is there a solution to this problem? If yes, please share it!

dovecot 1.0 RC7
FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p17 #6
vpopmail 5.4.13
mysql version: Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.24, for portbld-freebsd5.4
(i386) using  4.3

Dovecot and vpopmail are compiled from source. MySQL is compiled from
source via the FreeBSD ports system.

--
Regards, Charles.