[Dovecot] Maildir folder separator

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Tue Aug 22 15:29:40 EEST 2006

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 05:56, Mikko Kortelainen wrote:
> I wouldn't say that. If people want to sort their mail by making a
> folder for each sender they have a lot of correspondence with, creating
> a folder named 'mikko.kortelainen at techelp.fi' is a lot more intuitive
> than 'mikko_kortelainen at techelp_fi'. For you or me it probably wouldn't
> matter, but I'm talking about normal users here...

I consider myself a normal user and I would have no difficulty using a '_' as
opposed to a '.' in folder names. In fact, I never use a '.' in folder names.
I reserve that for file name exclusively.

Just my 2¢.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net

We give advice, but we cannot give the wisdom to profit by it.

	La Rochefoucauld