[Dovecot] ldap quota limitation problem

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Aug 16 19:05:59 EEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 15:09 +0000, Amadou Toure wrote:
> hello,
> We have configured the quota enforcement folowing the link
> (http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota) but we note that the global quota
> limitation configuration in dovecot.conf works well but not the ldap
> users configuration limit.
> For example in the casee below, we have tried to limit quota usage for
> some users to 1Gb but only the global quota limitation appear in the
> user quota.
..
> user_attrs =
> uid,homeDirectory,,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,quotaStorage=mailQuotaSize=dirsize:storage

Two things. First quotaStorage=mailQuotaSize is wrong. Which one of them
is the LDAP field? Either use quotaStorage=quota or mailQuotaSize=quota.

Second, you have mixed old and new format in here. Change it completely
to the new format:

user_attrs = homeDirectory=home,uidNumber=uid,gidNumber=gid,quotaStorage=quota=dirsize:storage