[Dovecot] dovecot tring to load sql modules

Christian Schmidt christian at siebenbergen.de
Sun Aug 13 15:44:43 EEST 2006

Hello Dean,

Dean Gibson (Mail Administrator), 13.08.2006 (d.m.y):

> Dovecot is issuing:
> Aug 12 17:09:27 athlon1 dovecot: Dovecot v1.0.rc6 starting up
> Aug 12 17:09:27 athlon1 dovecot: Generating Diffie-Hellman parameters
> for the first time. This may take a while..
> Aug 12 17:09:28 athlon1 dovecot: Auth process died too early - shutting down
> Aug 12 17:09:28 athlon1 dovecot: auth(default): dovecot-auth: error
> while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.10: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> Aug 12 17:09:28 athlon1 dovecot: child 28705 (auth) returned error 127
> That's because I installed the RPM from atrpms.net using "--nodeps".

> The RPM requires the above SQL library module, among others (inc.
> postgresql and sqlite).  However:

So why don't you install these dependencies?

> 1. Why do I need ANY SQL library???  I want PAM to do the authorization.

Because your dovecot has been built with mysql support and so has been
linked against the corresponding libraries.

Christian Schmidt

Der Versuch, den Himmel auf Erden zu produziern, produzierte stets die
		-- Karl Popper