[Dovecot] POP to IMAP Transition

Yudhvir Singh Sidhu ysidhu at ucdiscoverygrant.org
Fri Aug 11 18:00:46 EEST 2006

I am using Dovecot IMAP and added an IMAP folder to an Outlook client
which is also popping another account. Both account folders exist in the
same client. I am wondering if I can drag the pop-ed mail to the IMAP
folder, thereby transferring old mail to the IMAP folder? Outlook allows
me to click and drag folders into the IMAP folder.

You see where I am going with this, I wnat to transition from the old POP
accounts to the new IMAP accounts and delete the old folders. Is this
possible? I'd love to hear from someone who has done this.

========
Yudhvir Singh Sidhu
Systems Administrator
Industry-University Cooperative Research Program
www.ucdiscoverygrant.org
2087 Addison Street, 2nd Floor
Berkeley, CA 94720-3340
510 643 4039