[Dovecot] 1.0rc7 getting near

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Fri Aug 11 14:48:53 EEST 2006

On 11 août 06, at 09:29, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> On 11 août 06, at 01:37, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> To avoid having some stupid new problems with 1.0rc7, could you test
>> this night's snapshot once it arrives in a couple of hours:
>>
>> http://dovecot.org/nightly/dovecot-20060811.tar.gz
>>
>> Especially people who had compiling problems with 1.0rc6.
>
> I used not to be able to compile it (OS X, problem with quota.c),
> now it compiles fine and seems to be running fine from what I can
> tell.

Well, I spoke too fast. After noticing that I had run out of PIDs, I
had to killed dovecot because I had a lot of:

root      6030   0.0 -0.0        0      0  ??  Z     1Jan70   0:00.00
(dovecot-auth)

I downgraded to rc2 which does not exhibit this issue.

Alan

--
The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.