[Dovecot] Dovecot under daemontools

dale gallagher dale.gallagher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 18:38:03 EEST 2006

On 10/08/06, Odhiambo WASHINGTON <odhiambo.raburu at wananchi.com> wrote:

> | Also, from a sysadmin perspective, so far, I find dovecot's config
> | rather complex
> | - I suppose that's what happens when one attempts to appease all
> | authentication methods... anyway, I digress.
>
> There are two plausible solutions to this complexity problem:
>
> 1. Use a Windows Server with some click next-> next
> 2. Quit being Sysadmin

Jokes aside, I haven't touched MS for years, for good reason. I'm not into
point-and-click, but really, computing should become simpler over time, not
more complex and the simpler systems are inevitably better -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ockham%27s_razor

Currently using BincIMAP in production which is trivial to setup (I know, it
was specifically designed to run in the qmail + checkpassword + daemontools
environment) - however, it doesn't implement SORT.

All my services run under daemontools, so I have a fair amount of experience
there.