[Dovecot] SSL hangs? Try this

Geert Hendrickx ghen at telenet.be
Tue Aug 8 18:48:08 EEST 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 08:38:16AM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 12:36:42AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > Since apparently 1.0 RC5 didn't fix the SSL hangs for everyone, could
> > you try if replacing src/login-common/ssl-proxy-openssl.c with this
> > helps:
> >
> > http://dovecot.org/tmp/ssl-proxy-openssl.c
> >
> > It's basically the old proxying but with some new changes, plus
> > hopefully also fixing the original rarely occurring hang which my
> > rewrite was intended to fix.
>
> Seems to fix the problem for me, thanks!

Hm, after a full working day, it seems that we still had the problem, so I
reverted to rc1 once more.  The problem seems to appear only after some
period of time.

Now I'm suspecting it is a totally different problem: the default polling
method changed in rc2.  I think I was having the "stale imap processes"
problem, mentioned elsewhere on this list, and that was causing timeouts
for clients connecting after the process limit was hit.  I'll recompile
dovecot 1.0rc6 with --with-ioloop=kqueue, as suggested elsewhere on this
list, and try again.  I should have mentioned I'm using NetBSD...

	Geert