[Dovecot] Dynamic server address

Kresimir Tonkovic kresimir.tonkovic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 10:40:55 EEST 2006

Hi!

My mail server (ubuntu breezey badger) is connected by ADSL and has a
dynamic address. I have noticed that, every day after the IP address
changes, dovecot is no longer reachable from the net. Iguess this is because
dovecot doesn't register this change and continues to listen on a
non-existing interface/address.

I'm trying to solve this problem by putting a script in /etc/ppp/ip-up/
dovecot
--==---
#!/bin/sh
# By kresho
# dovecot ip-up script (/etc/ppp/ip-up.d/dovecot)
#

/etc/init.d/dovecot restart
---==---

So far, it seems to work.

I doubt I'm the first one to come across this problem, yet I couldn't find
anything similar on google.

Any comments?
--
kresho