[Dovecot] RC6 startup failure: "Login prcess died too early"

S JList sjlist at heidelberg.edu
Mon Aug 7 18:34:41 EEST 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 7.8.2006, at 17.25, S JList wrote:
>
>> I have been running Dovecot-1.0rc2 on a test server for the last
>> couple of weeks.  No problems.  However, when I installed RC6 this
>> morning, Dovecot refused to launch completely.  Here's the relevant
>> snippet from /var/log/maillog:
>
> I guess this fixes it?
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2006-August/006209.html

Timo,

Yes--this does seem to fix it.  I modified my copy of
src/login-common/ssl-proxy-openssl from the RC6 source files, made the
change you noted, and it seems to have fixed my problem (crashing on
startup if SSL was disabled).

Thanks so much for all of your hard work and this quick reply.  I'm
running with this change in my RC6 now, and (I'm not a CVS user, nor am
I very familiar with it) that this change will be rolled into RC7, then,
right?

Thanks again for your response--much appreciated.

S JList
sjlist at heidelberg.edu