[Dovecot] Thunderbird and hanging "Copying message to Sent folder..."

Mark Richards mark.richards at massmicro.com
Fri Aug 4 21:20:15 EEST 2006

I tried this (and found that all but one of the accounts managed by
Thunderbird were set up exactly as you suggest) but, just to be certain,
I re-did it.

After a day of use I am still seeing this, but it's not consistent
enough (naturally) to lend itself to debugging.  IOW, I don't know if
it's a Thunderbird or Dovecot or other issue.

Looking at the mail logs I don't see any hint of the problem.  However
perhaps there's other debug capabilities I'm missing, so if anyone has a
recommendation, I'm among the willing.

Note that there has been an ongoing certificate mismatch issue which in
Thunderbird is resolved by the "Remember mismatched certificate"
extension.  Thunderbird only presents the mismatched certificate dialog
when first logging in, anyway, so this is probably not related.  The
reason for the mismatch is that I was lazy and haven't established a
cert for each mailserver uri.

/m