[Dovecot] Question re: .mailboxlist to .subscriptions migration

S JList sjlist at heidelberg.edu
Wed Aug 2 15:49:40 EEST 2006

Hello.  I'm in the final stages of installing Dovecot on a new server,
and then will be migrating user mailboxes from an older server that was
using UW-IMAP.  I realize that I will have to rename the ".mailboxlist"
file to ".subscriptions".

But, I have a question about the "mail/" directory part that appears for
most mailboxes in each users .mailboxlist file:  since I'm configuring
my Dovecot to use multiple hidden namespaces (one of which will include
"mail/"), do I still have to remove the "mail/" directory portion of
each entry in the subscription file by hand, or will the namespace
settings take care of "ignoring" that part of each listed mailbox?

I hope this question makes sense.  TIA for any help.

SJ
sjlist at heidelberg.edu