[Dovecot] mountpoint_get broke the quota plugin

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 21 16:35:15 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 08:17 -0400, Bill Boebel wrote:
> Looks like the new mountpoint_get code broke the quota plugin.  I am getting this error when trying to start dovecot, using last night's CVS on Red Hat ES3:
>
> # service dovecot start
> Starting Dovecot Imap: Edlopen(/usr/lib/dovecot/imap/lib01_quota_plugin.so) failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap/lib01_quota_plugin.so: undefined symbol: mountpoint_get
> Error: imap dump-capability process returned 22784

That's because linker is being smart and not linking the mountpoint code
in because it's not used by the binary itself. Fixed now in CVS by
linking mountpoint.o file manually to imap and deliver binaries.

I guess the proper solution for this would be to make liblib.a a shared
library instead, but I think I'll leave that to Dovecot 2.0.