[Dovecot] Fedora 4: x86_64 different build options than i386?

fishgills at fishgills.net fishgills at fishgills.net
Sat Apr 1 03:32:05 EEST 2006

After successful testing on our 32-bit machine using the rpm, I'm
installing dovecot on our Fedora 64-bit machine using that rpm.  In
the log file I get:

dovecot: Mar 31 15:34:16 Error: auth(default): Unknown database driver 'mysql'

I see this:

# dovecot --build-options
Build options: ioloop=poll dnotify ipv6 openssl
Passdb: checkpassword pam passwd passwd-file shadow
Userdb: checkpassword passwd passwd-file static

and dovecot is in:

/usr/local/sbin/dovecot

But on my 32-bit Fedora machine, also installed from the rpm, I get this:

# dovecot --build-options
Build options: ioloop=poll dnotify ipv6 openssl mysql postgresql sqlite
Passdb: checkpassword ldap pam passwd passwd-file shadow sql
Userdb: checkpassword ldap passwd passwd-file sql static

and dovecot is in:

/usr/sbin

Shouldn't the 64-bit machine have the same build-options?

What can I do to make it right?  Do I *have* to build it from a
tarball?

Charlie Davis