[Dovecot] POP3 problem

Alexander Shikoff minotaur at crete.org.ua
Tue Sep 27 18:54:27 EEST 2005

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 11:37:01AM -0400, michal wrote:
> Thanks for your replay
> It was the firewall on linux. I had to add device to trusted devices and
> its working now.
> But I have different problem. I cannot get Eudora 6 to work on Mac. Outlook
> is working fine everywhere but everytime i tried to download msgs from the
> server i was getting this error: wrong authentication. I have checked the
> password few times server and everything. I tried that account in outlook
> and it was working, any ideas what might be wrong with that ?
> Thanks for the hints about debug. I`m sure it will be helpful at some point.

Check `mechanisms' parameter in auth section of dovecot.conf file, all auth
section (password and user databases) and `disable_plaintext_auth' setting.
The way used by client to send password must conform to dovecot settings
(plain/encrypted passwords etc).

And again, if you cannot get something to work take a look in log-file.
Usually there are enough information to solve the problem. Description
of problem given by you does not give much information.

--
Kind Regards,	Alexander Shikoff
minotaur at crete.org.ua
Mob.: +380 67 946 31 49