[Dovecot] Mail directory funkiness

Tomi Hakala tomi.hakala at clinet.fi
Tue Sep 27 17:53:35 EEST 2005

Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
>>From evolution when I create a folder the folder is created in ~/mail
> instead of ~/Maildir

~/mail is used for Dovecot indexes and each folder has its own
directory for indexes, so that is not the actual mail folder.

Deliver some mail to your newly created folder and you should
see it in ~/Maildir/folder.

> I am going to grab the latest version and test with that, but if if
> anyone has insight into how I got here it would be appreciated :-)

I recommend that you go and grab that 1.0alpha3 tarball in any case :)

--
Tomi Hakala