[Dovecot] mail storage API (was: New mailbox API)

Tom Metro tm at vl.com
Sat Sep 24 04:32:20 EEST 2005

Dan Hollis wrote:

> I was suggesting implementing it in a global system-wide generic way,
> the way PAM is done. So it would become a project in and of itself,
> independent of dovecot.

I don't know if it gained much usage in projects outside the University
of Washington, but I believe both Pine (MUA) and the UWash IMAP server
made use of the c-client library for storage. The c-client library was
treated as a somewhat independent project (it had its own mailing list;
archives at: ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/).

  -Tom