[Dovecot] signing dovecot certs with own Cert. Auth.

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Tue Sep 20 20:24:31 EEST 2005

blaq b0x wrote:
> I'm trying to get apache, sendmail , and dovecot to
> use SSL certs signed by my own CA. I've got the apache
> certs working fine.

Did you remember to tell Dovecot what CA was use to sign the cert?  You
should have already extracted the trusted root public key for Apache's
usage, so you should change this line:

> # File containing trusted SSL certificate authorities. Usually not needed.
> #ssl_ca_file =

to point to the CA's trusted root file.  SSL certs must have the entire
chain available in order to be trusted.

HTH

John

--