[Dovecot] what does this mean: Warning: Error in custom flags file / Corrupted Indexes

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Wed Sep 14 01:12:05 EEST 2005

rick tait wrote:
> Hi everyone:
> And not just referring to my inbox, other users as well. I hava bog
> standard install of 0.99.10.8, on an openbsd 3.6 box. every now and

You may find it difficult to get help with such an antiquated version.  See if
you can, at the very least, update to 0.99.14.  The 1.0test or 1.0alpha series
are generally the recommended installs (though I'm still on 0.99.14), and Timo
generally isn't interested in fixing bugs in the 0.99 series, any more.

> one thing: my users DO use procmail, so there is a chance that their
> IMAP client might have a mailbox open that procmail may be trying to
> append to. i wonder if this is a locking issue?

So I take it you're using mbox, not maildir?

> i guess what i'm asking is - 2 thing:
>
> 1) how can i get these pesky imap client errors to go away so my  users
> mailboxes can be successfully selected?

The best (and likely easiest) first step is to upgrade.

> 2) what do the indexing errors mean? are the 2 things related?

I can honestly say I've never seen these errors, nor remember reports of them on
this list.  However, I never used such an old version, iirc, starting at
0.99.11.x, some time ago.

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net