[Dovecot] 1.0alpha1: another imap core, no assert

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Thu Sep 8 17:34:18 EEST 2005

Hi,

Mailboxes on NFS, locked is running on both client and server (both
Solaris 9).  dovecot.conf settings use the default:

#mbox_read_locks = fcntl
#mbox_write_locks = dotlock fcntl

I am reluctant to use CVS versions, I would rather have 1.0alpha2
when ready.  This dovecot is running in production with 3000
users.  School is now in session for us and people have been
hitting it hard the last couple of days.  In general, dovecot
is doing very well.

BTW, thanks to whoever clued me in to the rlim_fd_cur and rlim_fd_max
kernel settings for Solaris 9.  Doubling these values solved my
"too many open files" issue.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College