[Dovecot] login: Missing Protocol from server name 'imap'

Phil Bettinson phil.bettinson at llgc.org.uk
Thu Sep 1 18:18:53 EEST 2005

Hello All (possibly again)

I did send a messge earlier, but it may have been eaten by the mail
system. I've now managed to get dovecot started, and I'm now getting
"Missing protocol from server name 'imap'"

This is somewhat confusing. Does it mean that I have somewhere called my
server imap? or is it talking about it missing a protocol called imap?

if it's meant to be "missing protocol imap definition" or somesuch, I
have filled that out, but can't for the life of me figure out what the
error message is actually trying to tell me!

I'm running dovecot alpha1 on RedHat as3.

I have the feeling I've been staring at the problem for too long, and
somone will just say "have you tried this!", but it's worth a shot.

Thanks in advance

Phil