[Dovecot] 1.0alpha3: assert and core

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 28 16:43:57 EEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 10:54 -0400, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> An assert and core with 1.0alpha3 on Solaris 9, mbox format,
> imap only, compiled with gcc 4.0.1.  The syslog message was:
>
> imap(user): file message-body-search.c: line 393
> (message_body_search_ctx): assertion failed: (input->v_offset <=
> part->physical_pos)

This problem has existed quite a long time. I originally thought it was
because of some index file brokeness, but something probably just gets
parsed wrong in some conditions..

Anyway I added some extra asserts and checks to the code now, which
hopefully makes it catch this problem earlier.

If you see a mail where this happens constantly, I'd like to see it.
From the backtrace it looks like the message had either multipart/xx or
message/rfc822 mime parts and crashed while searching some text from
message bodies.