[Dovecot] Question on moving folders

Peter Fern dovecot at obfusc8.org
Tue Nov 29 02:59:39 EET 2005

If you are getting 'folder already exists', in your imap client, select
'subscriptions', and look for the offending earlier folder, subscribe to
it, check if your mail still exists in that folder, or if there is new
mail there.  If there is, copy that to your incorrectly placed folder,
delete the existing folder that's in the correct location and move the
incorrectly placed one into the right place.  If you actually moved the
folder, my guess is that you have some filtering setup to deliver mail
to the old folder location, and that's why the folder now exists - new
mail was delivered to it by your filtering, not because dovecot's
remembered it.

Good luck,
Pete