[Dovecot] Not an IMAP4 Server?

John Gray gray at agora-net.com
Mon Nov 28 02:59:22 EET 2005

I've been testing alpha4, and every once in a while my client
(Thunderbird 1.5 RC1) tells me the dovecot isn't a valid IMAP4 server.
This is usually (maybe always) when I first bring up  the client up.  If
I just ask the client to get the mail again, it does so happily (without
any errors).

I must say I found dovecot as a pleasant surprise.  We have been using
UW.  Which didn't scale well.  I was considering going to cyrus, but
dovecot seems to have given much (if not all) of performance
improvements without all the hassle of conventing all the existing mbox
mail to maildir.

Thanks,

John

John Gray                           gray at agora-net.com
AgoraNet, Inc.                      (302) 224-2475
314 E. Main Street, Suite 1         (302) 224-2552 (fax)
Newark, De 19711                    http://www.agora-net.com