[Dovecot] Problem with openldap+nscd+dovecot

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Fri Nov 25 15:31:21 EET 2005

Hi,
I'm having a problem with this setup:
RHEL4 U4.2(Centos) + openldap + nscd
The problem I see is that for some reason, after a couple of hours
dovecot stuck in the auth procress.

I do a :
telnet localhost imap
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK dovecot ready.
1 login user pass
(here is the delay)

After passing a username/password, the process is like stuck for some
reason.

I have to killall dovecot processes and do a:
service dovecot restart

and it work again. I have 1.5GB left on the disk and this problem just
appeared now after month of working correctly.
Could it be the disk space? How can I debug the problem?
Should I migrate de 1.0alpha4? Does alpha4 have a new code in
the authentication phase?

Regards,
Oliver

--