[Dovecot] What's the best way to do this?

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Mon Nov 21 20:23:45 EET 2005

Michael Segel wrote:
> My only mail server is Postfix. (Sorry I'm running a small consulting
> company.)

I haven't personally used the dovecot LDA (YET!), but you could run that
and filter on the Precedence: header (most well-behaved list software
sets that to list or bulk) or List-ID (seen in goofy list messages from
MailMan).  If you are storing your messages in maildir format, you could
also use any of the other filtering LDA's out there (maildrop or
procmail are commonly available), plus postfix has it's own content
filter capabilities.

I would think it would be easiest to pick a filtering method and then
forward a copy of "interesting" messages to another mailbox and have the
blackberry pop that box only.  Sorry if this is mostly armwaving...

HTH

John

--
John Peacock