[Dovecot] Silly newbie questions...

Andy Cravens acravens at uen.org
Thu Nov 17 23:59:19 EET 2005

Just a note... when you setup dovecot and postfix make sure you don't
forget the trailing slash when you define the mail dir.  For example, I
store user mail in ~/mail/
The full path is /export/home/<username>/mail/

My Dovecot setup is:
default_mail_env = maildir:/export/home/%u/mail/

And my postfix setup is:
home_mailbox = mail/
I had to comment out the mail_spool_directory parameter in postfix.

I forgot a trailing slash on each of these (newbie mistake) and I wasted
a day of troubleshooting.

--
Andy