[Dovecot] Silly newbie questions...

Michael Segel msegel at segel.com
Thu Nov 17 23:04:46 EET 2005

Hi,

I'm relatively new to dovecot, less than 48 hours, and I've ran in to a few
bugs in the installation/configuration process.

Here's my set up.

I have my own domain. Within the domain, I have a couple of Linux boxes.
So I control both my primary and secondary mail servers.

My Linux boxes are a mixture of SuSE 9.2, 9.3 and 10.0 (All based on age of
the hardware.)

I'd like to use Postfix for my MTA, which I have up and running, but I'd also
like to add an IMAP server (hence dovecot) so I can get my mail from any of
my PCs and my blackberry.)

On my main mail server, I have KDE running and it uses
~/Mail/inbox/(cur,new,...)

When I tried to use KDE on my other Linux server, I got it to authenticate and
I could see the folders, but I couldn't see any of the mail. (Its all in cur
subdirectory.)

Now I did notice that when Postfix gets a mail message, its placed
in /var/spool/mail/msegel which would imply its using an mbox format.

So what am I missing?

TIA!

-Mike
--