[Dovecot] TLS negotiation from client fails after openssl upgrade

Willem Riede wriede at riede.org
Sun Nov 13 16:45:19 EET 2005

Is anyone using dovecot on Fedora fc5-devel? I had to rebuild my rpm of alpha4
due to dependencies when I pulled in openssl-0.9.8a (with a whole bunch of
other updates).

Now when I start my mail client (balsa) it tells me it "Cannot connect to the
server: TLS negotiation failed". Dovecot wrote in maillog: "imap-login:
Disconnected: rip=1.2.3.4, lip=1.2.3.4, TLS".

Does anyone else see that? Can anyone advise me how to debug this?

Thanks, Willem Riede.