[Dovecot] Cant log in to my new install :(

Peter Church peter.church at church-consultancy.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 00:14:15 EET 2005

Hi,
    I have just built a copy of dovecot on my sparc based solaris box. I now
have dovecot running but when I try to log in using thunderbird or the
solaris default package I get bombed out and the following error is
generated....

 dovecot: Nov 09 21:42:57 Error: child 20780 (imap) returned error 89
dovecot: Nov 09 21:42:57 Error: imap(ppchurch): flock() locks not supported

I have set the lock method to fcntl and restarted dovecot  but I still get
the same error ...

anybody else seen this before?

Thanks

Peter