[Dovecot] Asserion Failure in Current CVS

Anders Lund anders.lund at uninett.no
Wed Nov 9 11:13:47 EET 2005

Todd Burroughs wrote:
> Anders,
>
> Try running the current CVS version.  Timo fixed a few things since Oct.
> 31 and I haven't seen an assert or any failure in 5 days now.

Just upgraded to nightly from 2005-11-09 now. Tailing my log for
assertion failures now and crossing my fingers again. ;-)

Correcting my settings for locking in Postfix and Dovecot (to have the
same priorities as Procmail) might have given some good results as well.

And for one user I discovered another problem:
 * running "file" on mboxes showed:
   "ISO-8859 mail text, with CRLF, LF line terminators"
   which I fixed with "dos2unix" on the mboxes (still some of these
   have "ISO-8859 mail text, with CR, LF line terminators")
 * in addition some messages had wrong date stamp, which I fixed with
   "sed -i 's/Jan 1 /Jan 01 /' *"
this at least made the mboxes readable for pine, which had previous
problems. It also seemed to remove "assertion failed" with dovecot for
this user.

- Anders

--
 Anders Lund <Anders.Lund at uninett.no>             .~.
 UNINETT, N-7465 Trondheim, Norway               / V \