[Dovecot] dovecot crash after upgrade on FreeBSD

Marko Lerota marko.lerota at zg.t-com.hr
Tue Nov 8 12:33:06 EET 2005

Marko Lerota <marko.lerota at zg.t-com.hr> writes:

> Updated from ports collection from ver. dovecot-1.0.a3 to
> 1.0.a4_1. And it wan't work. Here's the log
>
> Nov  8 10:51:07 ot-group dovecot: Dovecot v1.0.alpha4 starting up
> Nov  8 10:51:08 ot-group dovecot: Auth process died too early - shutting down
> Nov  8 10:51:08 ot-group dovecot: auth(default): Unknown userdb driver 'passdb'
> Nov  8 10:51:08 ot-group dovecot: child 17872 (auth) returned error 89

I found the problem. I hashed the line 'userdb passdb {'
so it looks like this now

  # vpopmail
  userdb vpopmail {
  }

  # "passdb" user database means that the passdb already provided the
  # needed information and there's no need to do a separate userdb lookup.
  # This can be made to work with SQL and LDAP databases.
  # http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthSpecials
  ## userdb passdb {
  ## }

The upgrade script probably defunct the original dovecot.conf.
I'll post this to the maintainer.

--
One cannot sell the earth upon which the people walk
                               			Tacunka Witco