[Dovecot] Asserion Failure in Current CVS

Anders Lund anders.lund at uninett.no
Thu Nov 3 16:34:15 EET 2005

Tomi Hakala wrote:
> Anders Lund wrote:
>
>>Have given backtraces of all these failures to the dovecot-list. Hope to
>>see fixes in near future. ;-)
>

> If you are not yet using Dovecot LDA could you please try it out
> and see if problems persist?

I will consider looking more into Dovecot LDA, but I'm a bit reluctant
to "try it out" on my server to see if the problems disappear. In the
first place I wanted to keep my delivery separate from Dovecot, and just
use Dovecot for IMAP. I have thought of looking more into Dovecot LDA to
see if SIEVE would give me better support for a simple way for my users
to add vacation messages, filters, etc., but not until later. I still
hope to see fixes for the assertion failures in Dovecot CVS, but if
everything would be solved by running Dovecot LDA I guess I will have to
look more at this solution. Anyhow, I don't understand what is so
special about my setup, and why I should get these failures.

- Anders

--
 Anders Lund <Anders.Lund at uninett.no>             .~.
 UNINETT, N-7465 Trondheim, Norway               / V \