[Dovecot] New Fedora/Sendmail Install Assistance

Cliff Hayes chayes at afo.net
Wed Nov 2 19:16:56 EET 2005

Chris,

You're my hero!  That worked.  Please tell me what section of the Wiki you
found that in (I did a search and did not find -- I would expect to see it
in the SCENARIOS section - but did not find it there either).

Also, if the Wiki does not show the various formats of the default_mail_env
parameter, could you please let me know where I could find more?  That is
probably the most important parameter I've been working with and I've found
virtually nothing about it in the documentation.  I've found a few samples
in Google, but nothing relevant to my situation.  Before I go live with this
server, I'd like to know more about that line.

Also, I didn't fine a "userdb" parameter in the dovecot.conf file.  The Wiki
instructions below state:  "Set users' home directory to /tmp in userdb" --
but no example as to how to do that.

Thanks!

Cliff