[Dovecot] UID confusion

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 28 14:55:39 EEST 2005

On 28.6.2005, at 13:05, Andrew Hutchings wrote:

> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> On 28.6.2005, at 11:39, Andrew Hutchings wrote:
>>> 2 or 3 customers have reported that they are having problems
>>> downloading their mail via. POP3.  I have attached the rawlogs of
>>> their transactions and the UID list at the time.  Is this because I
>>> am using an incompatible UID format or is something else at fault?
>>> Deleting the UID list and indexes fixes the problem.  I am using
>>> Test72.
>> Sounds a bit like the Thunderbird problem..
>> ..
>
> Sounds like it, but that client was Outlook 2003, and I have had a
> client using entourage with the same problem last week, it isn't a
> very common problem.

Outlook 2003 (and I suppose Entourage too) doesn't handle Dovecot's
default POP3 UIDLs well. You should probably change them if you can.
That may have caused this bug as well.

   # Note that Outlook 2003 seems to have problems with %v.%u format
which is
   # Dovecot's default, so if you're building a new server it would be a
good
   # idea to change this. %08Xu%08Xv should be pretty fail-safe.