[Dovecot] UID confusion

Andrew Hutchings info at a-wing.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 13:05:04 EEST 2005

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 28.6.2005, at 11:39, Andrew Hutchings wrote:
>
>> 2 or 3 customers have reported that they are having problems
>> downloading their mail via. POP3.  I have attached the rawlogs of
>> their transactions and the UID list at the time.  Is this because I am
>> using an incompatible UID format or is something else at fault?
>> Deleting the UID list and indexes fixes the problem.  I am using Test72.
>

> Sounds a bit like the Thunderbird problem..
>
> ..

Sounds like it, but that client was Outlook 2003, and I have had a
client using entourage with the same problem last week, it isn't a very
common problem.

>> -ERR Message is deleted.
>> -ERR Message is deleted.
>> -ERR Message is deleted.
>> -ERR Too many bad commands.
>

> But this is why it really fails. Dovecot disconnects the client here.
> Hmm. I'll make the disconnection happen only when sending enough (20)
> unknown commands, not when sending known commands but with invalid
> parameters. This should fix it:

Thanks, I shall patch up and let you know of any other strange goings
on, getting harder to find problems though, you may have to beta soon at
this rate.

Regards
Andrew
--