[Dovecot] pop3 retr error

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 28 03:52:58 EEST 2005

On 27.6.2005, at 10:46, Jens Laas wrote:

> The bug is really strange since everything I can log/see about the
> conversion between dovecot and tbird suggests tbird has the bug.
> BUT when I run tbird with other pop3 server it works.

Well, maybe this is simply because many other servers ignore the
problem? UW, Courier and qmail-pop3d at least do. Then again Cyrus,
popa3d and qpopper give error message. Anyone wish to try to reproduce
the problem with them?

Anyway the simplest fix for Dovecot is to make it also ignore the
error. src/pop3/commands.c line 47 comment out the if (client->deleted)
{ ... } block. Although that ignores a bit too many errors.. If the bug
can be reproduced with other servers I'll make up some workaround
option which ignores it only with DELE.