[Dovecot] pop3 retr error

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 27 17:13:04 EEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 09:46 +0200, Jens Laas wrote:
> I see this too. So far only with thunderbird. Do you Marten see it with
> other clients too ?
>
> The bug is really strange since everything I can log/see about the
> conversion between dovecot and tbird suggests tbird has the bug.
> BUT when I run tbird with other pop3 server it works.

Maybe it has something to do with how data gets split into TCP/IP
packets? If nothing else looks different, then that's pretty much the
only difference left. Dovecot tries to use as few packets as possible,
other servers may eg. always send separate messages in separate packets,
or things like that.. I know there used to be a problem with some
clients when Dovecot sent separate packets for the actual line contents
and another packet with CR+LF.

Anyway, I'll try to test this myself sometime soon..