[Dovecot] dovecot and solaris 9

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Mon Jun 27 02:27:34 EEST 2005

Sander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where to find a how-to to get dovecot working with
> Solaris.
> Specifically how to setup plain authentication?

It compiles out of the box for me.  And has been running beautifully since.
Which version of Dovecot are you trying to use?  0.99, 1.0-stable, or 1.0-test?

I am not using SSL (since it's internal only) and so had to set
"disable_plaintext_auth = no"

I have "auth_userdb = passwd" and "auth_passdb = shadow" so my users are authed
as usual.  And since it's using shadow, you must set "auth_user = root", unless
you want to start messing about with RBAC.

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net