[Dovecot] APPEND issue with Thunderbird

Reuben Farrelly reuben-dovecot at reub.net
Fri Jun 24 16:18:39 EEST 2005

Hi,

On 24/06/2005 10:13 a.m., Todd Burroughs wrote:
> I'm getting a strange problem with APPEND and Thunderbird 0.8.  This was
> working fine in the CVS version from June 8 and is not so fine as of
> June 20.
> It works fine using Pine.

I too am seeing some oddness that looks a lot like this - occasionally a
mailbox especially the Trash with lots of items in it, will hang indefinitely,
and more often with TB (trunk) my Drafts are not being cleaned out reliably
(TB uses APPEND to do some of the processing of Drafts).

I'm fully up to date with CVS, and this problem is relatively recent.
Unfortunately it's not 100% reproduceable.

I can't help wondering if this recent patch is part of the problem:

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2005-June/004448.html

then again it apparently solves the fact that append is totally broken, so
maybe reverting it isn't such a clever idea anyway ;)

Also seems that dovecot.org NNTP is down at the moment?

reuben