[Dovecot] Question regarding dovecot 0.99.14 & 1.0 stable

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jun 14 13:18:56 EEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 19:22 +0200, Sebastiaan de Vogel wrote:
> For several day’s now I’ve been attempting to get Dovecot working, but
> without much success so far. I’ve compiled both 0.99.14 and the latest
> 1.0 stable version with mysql support, which seems to be working for
> the 0.99.14. Unfortunately version 1.0 stable wont start and quits
> with this:
>
> dovecot: Jun 13 16:44:47 Error: child 27346 (auth) killed with signal
> 11

I think this was because of some missing or wrong setting that I fixed
in 1.0-test but not in 1.0-stable.. Could you get gdb backtrace of this
crash so I can finally fix it? :) The core file should have been written
to /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/core (or wherever your Dovecot's base_dir
is). So:

gdb /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-auth /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/core
bt

> BYE Internal login failure. Error report written to server log.

Your logs didn't show the error though, that's a bit strange. Usually
it's anyway about the given uid or gid being too low (first_valid_uid,
first_valid_gid settings). Those errors should have been written to the
log though.