[Dovecot] strip realms and force lowercasing of usernames?

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Tue Jun 14 10:44:02 EEST 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Jethro R Binks wrote:
> > On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Dan Hollis wrote:
> > > Is it possible for dovecot to strip realms and force lowercasing of usernames?
> > One solution would be to run an POP/IMAP proxy - perdition is capable of
> > doing this, for example.
>
> Well thats just getting into the realm of silliness... having to use
> another complete pop3/imap application to prop up dovecot's shortcomings.

Excuse me for making a suggestion of a means to work around your issue
until dovecot itself supports what you want.

> A pam module would make more sense really... :/

That rather depends on whether you have other reasons for running a proxy,
which we do.  Try opening your mind to alternative solutions.  It works
for us.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK