[Dovecot] assertion failed -0.99 -> 1.0-stable

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Wed Jun 8 15:46:58 EEST 2005

Hello Timo,

I've upgraded from dovecot-0.99 to dovecot-1.0-stable (the 2005-05-09
version) on FreeBSD 5.4 and encountered the following problems
(problem #4 (assertion failed) made me downgrade back to
dovecot-0.99...) :

1. mbox sync: UID inserted in the middle of mailbox /var/mail/gopauld
   (5230 > 4407)

--> OK, that's documented on the Wiki, not a real problem

2. imap(cxxx): mkdir_parents(/opt/dovecot/c/cxxx/.imap/INBOX) failed: Permission denied

--> I can't understand why since /opt/dovecot/c is rwxrwxrwt and belongs
    to root:wheel

3. dovecot: IMAP(xxxx): UIDs broken with partial sync in mbox file /yyyy/zzzz/xxxx/Mail/Drafts

4. dovecot: IMAP(xxxx): file istream-raw-mbox.c: line 383 (istream_raw_mbox_get_body_size): assertion failed:
+(rstream->body_offset != (uoff_t)-1)

--> That one occured each time a user connected with Eudora (on OS-X)
    moved messages from INBOX to some of her IMAP mailboxes.

Since it was in real life, I hadn't time to get a gdb backtrace.

Notes :

  . that user had restarted her client (Eudora).

  . my messages moves from one IMAP mbox to another did work.

  . the assertion failed occured with the version of 2005-06-04 as
    well (which I tried since the ChangLog mentionned some similar
    problems).

Any clues ?

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur