[Dovecot] dovecot.conf %d problem

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jun 6 00:28:55 EEST 2005

%d is taken from the @domain part of the username. If username doesn't
contain @domain, then it's empty.

> If I use default_mail_env =
> maildir:/var/mail/vhosts/DOMAIN.ORG/%u/Maildir
> mail folders could be accessed.

Why? Dovecot should give some error message why it can't do that.

> I wonder, where Postfix virtual domains need to be passed to Dovecot?

I don't think Postfix and Dovecot domains have much if anything to do
with each others.

> more config info:
> auth_userdb = static uid=100 gid=100 home=/var/mail/vhosts/%d/%u
> auth_passdb = passwd-file /etc/dovecot/pass

The vhosts directory is owned by uid 100? Also you should replace the
%d in here with domain.org as well.