[Dovecot] POP3 download problem

Eddie du Plessis eddiedp at nowmedia.co.za
Fri Jun 3 13:56:35 EEST 2005

Hi Andrew

Is seems as if it is not even seeing any of the messages. It does connect
and disconnect successfully though from outlook.

I have tried the workaround and I have also telnet to port 110 and logged in
as a user I have created for testing and the following is what I get:

Connected to server1.nowmedia.co.za (192.168.3.218).
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK dovecot ready.
USER test1
+OK
PASS 1234
+OK Logged in.
LIST
+OK 0 messages:
.

And when I do a listing of the /var/spool/mail directory this is what I see
there:

-rw-rw----   1 test1         mail  4.8K Jun  3 12:14 test1

I am using version "dovecot-0.99.14-1.1.fc2.rf"

Thank you

Eddie