[Dovecot] Using mbox INBOX with Maildirs?

Mark Winslow martingerxt at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 22:17:15 EEST 2005

Thanks for everybody's tips on the mbox to maildirs
converter.  I was unaware that Maildirs was a common
format not specific to dovecot, so I was searching
using a dovecot keyword.

I'm having this problem now with inboxes.  I want to
use maildirs, but my mail is delivered to an mbox.  I
can't seem to get dovecot to recognize the inbox
location.  Is something like:

maildir:%h/Maildir:INBOX=/var/mail/%u impossible to
use?

What I'm trying to do is slowly merge people from
mboxes to maildirs, so I have to use the passwd file
per user maildirs settings with some sort of
recognizeable inbox.

I'm using sendmail as my mail server.  Do I have to
tell that to put the mail in the right inbox format?

Thanks.