[Dovecot] Documentation

Enrique Perez-Terron enrio at online.no
Tue Jul 26 01:16:55 EEST 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:56:29 +0200, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On 25.7.2005, at 19:10, Enrique Perez-Terron wrote:
>
>> Could I suggest a thing? Could you have an explicit call on new users
>> to write a few words about their experiences and frustrations with
>> Dovecot, whatever they are, some place where they are likely to see
>> it?
>
> That could be useful, but the biggest problem with Dovecot currently is
> its version numbering mess. 0.99.x has many problems and I don't really
> want to hear about them anymore.

Convinced.

It would be a bad idea to set up a feedback mechanism until
a minimum amount of decent documentation is in place.

We would not learn anything usefull from it, since we already
know that documentation is a good idea.

Yet I agree with your priority, get the version 1.0 stable and
complete with keywords. I can try my hand on some texts in the
meantime.

Regards
Enrique