[Dovecot] Binc IMAP "IMAPdir" style layout

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jul 4 01:38:35 EEST 2005

On 4.7.2005, at 01:32, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>>> This can't be currently done. Shouldn't be too difficult to hack the
>>> code to do it though. I might add support for it sometimes after v1.0
>>> release.
>>
>> Can you give me a pointer to where this change would have to be made
>> in
>> the code?  I'll give it a go...
>
> src/lib-storage/maildir/maildir-list.c and maildir-storage.c
>
> Find all instances of MAILDIR_FS_SEP or MAILDIR_FS_SEP_S and if they
> are added/looked at the beginning of string, remove it.

And now that I think of it, an alternative would be to just change the
separator to something else than "." if you don't mind all of the
mailboxes beginning with some special character. No need for "ls -a"
then and the change is really simple :) Of course, then it's not really
anything like Maildir++ or IMAPdir..