[Dovecot] alpha5: (message_body_search_ctx) assert

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Dec 31 15:59:46 EET 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 08:52 -0500, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
> Timo,
>    One of the two people who caused this assert has touched their
> mailbox via POP (Qualcomm POP, I haven't switched my POP service
> to dovecot yet).  The X-UIDL would have been added by either
> qpopper or Eudora most likely.  People are warned not to do
> POP and IMAP at the same time, but it happens anyway.

But is POP + IMAP-webmail use warned? If user first reads the mailbox
with webmail, then reads the mails with POP leaving them to server (and
POP server modifies the mails), and again goes to webmail, this error
happens.

If you meant with "at same time" having the POP and IMAP server
processes running at the same time, that doesn't matter here.