[Dovecot] LDAP authenticated bind support

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Dec 30 17:47:20 EET 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 16:37 +0100, J.M. Maurer wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 16:54 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 13:28 +0100, J.M. Maurer wrote:
> > > Recently at Better.be we implemented LDAP authenticated bind support for
> > > dovecot. A patch against CVS HEAD is attached.
> >
> > Thanks. I'm doing a few small modifications to this, should be in CVS
> > soon.
>
> Great, thanks. I hate maintaining patches :)

I actually ended up changing things quite a lot, not just your patch but
other parts of LDAP code too. It compiles, but I didn't try if it still
works. :)

One thing that I know I changed was checking how bind failures are
handled. I wanted to separate the invalid password and internal errors.
Is checking LDAP_INVALID_CREDENTIALS enough? Maybe
LDAP_INAPPROPRIATE_AUTH or LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS?